- Belongs to Foreign Service of Pakistan.
Assignments in Foreign Office:
Oct 2007 - Feb 2009: Spokesman, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Islamabad
Jan - Jul 2006, &
June - Dec 2007: Director General (Personnel)
2001 � 2002: Director ( Kashmir Affairs)
1993 � 1994: Director (Commonwealth of Independent States)
Held various diplomatic assignments in Pakistan Missions abroad:
2002 � 2005: Minister/Deputy Chief of Mission , Washington DC
1998 � 2000: Counsellor, Beijing
1994 � 1998: First Secretary/Counsellor, Brussels
- Represented Pakistan in several multilateral and bilateral conferences/meetings.
- Member of the UN Election Observer Team that oversaw the elections in South Africa which ended the Apartheid regime (1994).
- Lectured on foreign affairs-related topics, ranging from human rights issues to peace and security issues in South Asia, Pakistan 's Foreign Policy at:
National Defense University (Islamabad);
Universite Libre de Bruxelles (Brussels);
National Institute of Public Administration/ National Institute of Management (Peshawar);
Foreign Service Academy (Islamabad);
Petroleum University , Beijing;
National Defense University (Washington , D.C.);
Georgetown University (Washington , D.C.);
Foreign Service Institute of US State Department (Washington , D.C.);
American University (School of International Service) (Washington , D.C.); and
John Hopkins University (School of Advance International Studies) (Washington , D.C.).
- Holds three Postgraduate degrees:
MA (Political Science), Peshawar University;
Master in International Affairs (MIA), Columbia University, New York; and
MS in Defence and Security Studies, National Defence University, Islamabad
- Initiated the first ever internship programme of the Government of Pakistan while Deputy Chief of Mission in Washington , D.C.
- Compiled the first ever email database of overseas Pakistanis.
- Organized Pakistani-American community to establish Pakistan Caucus in the US Congress.
- Conducted demographic study of Pakistan - Americans. This study is widely qouted and remains the only demographic study of its nature of the overseas Pakistanis.